Monday, September 30, 2013

Once upon a time...

Once upon a time I had this strange habit of washing my clothes at two in the morning. I was not mentally deranged or anything, it was just that I worked the night shift those days and 2 AM on a weekend was not that late for me. A few years later one of my old roommates would often ask if I still had that habit.

Once upon a time I was so thin that my collarbones stuck out. We had a school T-shirt which we have to wear once a week (but it was not compulsory). I rarely wore it, instead went for the normal shirt+tie, which I believed hid my collarbones.

Once upon a time my friends and I went to see a Star Wars movie and all of us fell asleep at the theatre. I think they were showing The Phantom Menace then.

Once upon a time at Christmas a friend and I pinched and elbowed ourselves all through the service because the preacher could not pronounce Christmas, and instead said “Hri-ma”.

Once upon a time a friend borrowed one rupee from me and I did not let her forget it.

Once upon a time my hostel roommate and I buried ourselves under the blanket, shaking with laughter. We found it funny that a fat roommate named Hema was oblivious to the fact that we called her Mahe behind her back and made jokes about her size.

Once upon a time I believed that all stories begin with “Once upon a time”.

Once upon a time I would read books before sleeping. Now I update myself with what my friends and their friends are doing and then go to sleep.

Once upon a time my friends and I packed ourselves in a friend’s car and went for a ride, singing many songs, out of which the only song I can remember now is “Baby you can drive my car”.

Once upon a time a friend and I would pretend that we were giants who lived in a snow-filled world.

Once upon a time I could sit down and without trying very hard write a blog post in 1, 2, 3.

Once upon a time a friend and I went searching for “Badam Ghar” (we were told that was the name). Turned out the actual name was Almond House (it was a sweet shop).

Once upon a time I could never make new friends easily. Things haven’t changed much.

Once upon a time I bought a lot of books which looked interesting. Many of them remain unread.

Once upon a time I decided I would be a great novelist and started a serial-type story in a new blog. Long story short, serial remains unfinished, writer busy with other things. (Also she ran out of ideas and was too lazy to pick up where she left).

No comments:

Post a Comment