And what legacy will you leave? What will you be remembered for? Will your footprints be easily blown away in the wind, or will you leave a mark that’s forever embedded in everyone’s memory? And if you have children, what pearls of wisdom will you pass on to them?
Anyway, why are pearls of wisdom called “Pearls of wisdom”? Why not Rubies of wisdom, or Diamonds of wisdom? I guess it’s because pearls are very difficult to collect and not everyone can do it.
I don’t know when death’s cold hands will reach out for me, so here are a few drops of wisdom, just in case, you know.
- Don’t stand in doorways and chitchat with other people, you are blocking the way.
- If you are going to the first floor, take the stairs.
- Treat public toilets as your own.
- Yes I know I am overweight, I have warts; I don’t need you to tell me.
- People are not really interested in knowing your state or mind, or body; they are just polite. Don’t answer with a paragraph what you can say in a sentence.
- Don’t ever lend books. You may be called selfish but at least you won’t lose any book.
- Don’t smoke while people are eating.
- Hate your job? Quit complaining, simply quit!! You are not a slave or serf, you will find some other job that you love.
- Be nice to people. You never know when you may need their help.
- Don’t call someone stupid or ignorant just because they don’t know something that you do. There will be something they know about which you are totally clueless, and where does that leave you?
- Don’t make fun of old people. You too are going to be old someday.